The mission of the Association for the Study of Peak Oil & Gas USA is to help America understand and adapt to an oil-constrained world.
To advance its mission, ASPO-USA works to:
- Serve as a convener and forum for information exchange and critical discourse.
- Raise awareness and spur positive action among decision-makers and the general public.
To protect our economy, national security, and environment, ASPO-USA works to build a bridge to a more secure future where America and the world are no longer vulnerable to the supply and cost of oil and gas.
ASPO-USA strives to be objective in its work; however, our mission is motivated and guided by fundamental values which underlie our integrity as an organization.
- Honesty, Transparency—we believe in evidence-based discourse, transparency of information, and the relentless pursuit of “truth in energy.”
- Diversity, Respect—we believe that diversity and respect for different perspectives is essential to effective learning and understanding of America’s energy challenges.
- Liberty, Opportunity—we strive to address America’s energy challenges in ways that promote individual freedom and equal opportunity for all.
- Justice, Fairness—we strive to address America’s energy challenges in ways that protect individual rights and the public good.